This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Independent thinking, sound academic performance and practical media experience distinguished Mr. Chowdhury from most of his fellow students and as a result he became a faculty member of University of Dhaka. He has been working as a faculty member for the Department of Mass Communication and Journalism, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh since 1st July, 2009. As an Assistant Professor, Mr. Chowdhury has been conducting plenty of journalism and mass media related courses such as Advanced Reporting/Investigative Reporting, Media Economics and Management (at post-graduate level), Broadcast Journalism, Economic and Business Journalism, News Gathering and Writing (at undergraduate level). Being a course teacher he has designed the curriculum of these above mentioned courses. Prior to join the teaching profession, he has worked as a journalist for more than eleven years for well known Bangladeshi newspapers and TV channels from 1997. During his journalism career in the Daily Prothom Alo, most popular and highest circulated daily in Bangladesh; Saiful Alam Chowdhury has secured the first prize of Best Investigative Reporter at the year of 2003 and 2004 in recognition of outstanding reports on Islamic Militancy and crime. Here it is mentioned worthy that he was the harbinger of Islamic Militancy reporting in his country and his serial articles produced widespread sensation on this issue. Securing the best Investigative Television Reporter Award at the year of 2007 around the country has clearly shown the caliber of his adeptness in Broadcast Journalism. This was one of the challenging endeavors of his journalism career where he had to deal with a 32-year concealed story of Bongobondhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman assassination case. He has brought with his experience not only in teaching but also in media research. He has a good number of publications and peer reviewed journal articles and books.
- Master of Arts (MA), 2017 Media Arts Cultures, Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Dergree, Danube University Krems, Austria; Aalborg University, Denmark; University of Lodz, Poland.
- Master of Social Sciences (MSS), 2002, Mass Communication and Journalism, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), 2000, Department of Mass Communication and Journalism, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Assistant Professor, Since February 2013, Department of Mass Communication and Journalism, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Lecturer, July 2009 - January 2013, Department of Mass Communication and Journalism, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Special Correspondent, May 2008 - June 2009 DESH Television, Bangladesh.
- Senior Reporter, February 2006 - April 2008, Channel One Limited, Bangladesh.
- Senior Reporter, January 2005 - January 2006, Daily JaiJaiDin, Bangladesh.
- Staff Reporter, December 2002 - December 2004, Daily Prothom Alo, Bangladesh.