To be eligible to apply, applicants must prove they have sufficient knowledge of English for academic purposes in 3 ways:
1. English Certification Test (see list below)
2. Education in an English speaking/dominant country (see list below)
3. Employment in an English speaking/dominant country (see list below)
4. Applicants with confirmed “English as language of instruction” may take Versant English Test
If you apply under #1, but cannot submit your test results by the deadline appropriate for your application. The following rules apply:
You must take a TOEFL, Cabridge ESOL or IELTS test to be eligible for acceptance.
If you will receive your test results AFTER the application deadline, and request the Admissions Board grant you an extension:
* Upload a digital copy of your test date confirmation.
* Upload a request to the admissions board.
* Submit your test results as soon as possible to mediaac(at)donau-uni.ac.at
If you apply under #4, the following process must be followed:
*Upload confirmation from your university that the language of instruction for entire Bachelor or Master degree program was English.
*Take test in April 2023 after acceptance and scholarships are determined. (Test available through MediaAC Consortium Partner.)
Applicants CANNOT be granted admission without supplying one of the four proofs above.
There are no exceptions to this rule. This system ensure that all applicants are treated equally and fairly.
If you apply under #2 or #3, please upload a desccription of your proof. (e.g. see BA transcripts in country XX, please see work documentation from country XX)
If you apply under #4, please upload a confirmation from your university that the language of instruction for entire Bachelor or Master degree program was English.
English Certification Tests:
(The following tests must be sent directly from the test centre – code 8773/Art History):
*TOEFL (PBT paper-based): 550 www.ets.org/toefl
*TOEFL (CBT computer-based): 230 www.ets.org/toefl
*TOEFL (iBT internet-based): 80-88 www.ets.org/toefl (80 minimum, <88 with interview)
*Cambridge ESOL: C1 www.cambridgeenglish.org
(Original or verified copy is accepted):
*IELTS (academic test): 6.5 www.ielts.org
*Versant English Test: VEPT Score 56-60 (with proof of studies with English as language of instruction)
Note: We do NOT accept scores from ”TOEFL ITP/institutional testing programme“, as this is something different than iBT, CBT or PBT.
Please also note: An English language test certificate may have expired if it was issued more than 2 years previous. We kindly advise you to check on your certificate.
Other acceptable ways of indicating English language proficiency are:
* Proof of a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree delivered in English from a university in Australia, the UK, Ireland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, USA, New Zealand, South Africa or Canada, excluding online degrees, with the applicant having stayed in the respective country when studying for the degree.
*Proof of at least one year of secondary education conducted in English language in either Australia, the UK, Ireland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, USA, New Zealand, South Africa or Canada. Applicants may be required to interview in order to check English Proficiency demonstated above.
*Proof of having been employed in a job requiring english language knowledge for at least one year, while residing in either Australia, the UK, Ireland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, USA, New Zealand, South Africa or Canada. (this may be proved by a reference phone call.)