MediaAC validates learning outcomes in an integrated manner to contribute both to the recognition of the skills and competences of the students, but also consistent building up the quality of the course. Knowledge specific to each course and the methods of assessment in the program are detailed in the curriculum.
- Advanced knowledge of the historical, institutional and societal contexts of media art and media culture, and of research practices in this field.
- Advanced knowledge of the technology- and experience-based design contexts of media art and media cultures.
- Knowledge of practice-based methodologies and their application in design contexts.
- Knowledge of key economical, organisational and management issues.
- Areas of application and research in the field of media art production
- Advanced ability to operationalize research methods and in-depth reflection and the ability to use both in research as well as in professional dissemination practices in the field of media culture and media art.
- Ability to develop innovative strategies and their practical application in research and other activities.
- Knowledge necessary to develop a strategy for dissemination and promotion of the cultural sector.
- Advanced competencies related to development and implementation of media art projects.
- Competence in finding solutions to globally important issues in the field of media art and media culture.
MediaAC assesses and validates the learning outcomes in an integrated manner to contribute both to the recognition of the skills and competences of the students, but also the quality of cohesiveness of the course. Students are awarded ECTS credits as common practice for workload and grading, with the equivalent grade from the country where the credits were earned. Students are assessed for learning outcomes theoretical and practical competencies, through the following examinations, as appropriate to the objectives and activities of each module:
- Research-based Written Report
- Written or oral presentation of solutions to assigned challenges
- Logbook / Essay / Journal / Blogging
- Research-based Project / Creative Project / Poster
- Class Participation and Performance
- Group work
- Thesis definition, academic writing and defence.
Moving between the four universities and the international associated partners, high mobility results in excellent learning outcomes through highly advanced theory, progressive practical experience and the best educational methods that are needed for experts in the current and future media art field.