Application requirements are the same for all applicants.
To apply to the MediaAC programme, applicants need to fulfill certain requirements. Please read this section as well as the other sections under “Documents” and “Translations”.
Applicants to the MediaAC programme.
- must complete a first university degree
This should be at least a Bachelor degree issued by a university, quantified as three years of studies corresponding to 180 ECTS (information on ECTS).
Or, if ECTS is not used in the country where first degree was acquired: proof of a successfully completed period of study at higher education level considered comparable with a Bachelor’s degree. The decision on this will be made by the MediaAC Consortium.
- show a strong motivation and interest
to learn, work and build the future of the field of Media Arts and their Cultures.
- have sufficient knowledge of English for academic purposes (FAQ English test)
This is to be proved by one of the following certificates:
(The following tests must be sent directly from the test centre – code 8773/Art History):
*TOEFL (PBT paper-based): 550 www.ets.org/toefl
*TOEFL (CBT computer-based): 230 www.ets.org/toefl
*TOEFL (iBT internet-based): 80-88 www.ets.org/toefl
*Cambridge ESOL: C1 www.cambridgeenglish.org
(Original or verified copy is accepted):
*IELTS (academic test): 6.5 www.ielts.org
Note: We do NOT accept scores from “TOEFL ITP/institutional testing programme“, as this is something different than iBT, CBT or PBT.
Please also note: An English language test certificate may have expired if it was issued more than 2 years previous. We kindly advise you to check on your certificate.
- Other acceptable ways of indicating English language proficiency are:
* Proof of a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree delivered in English from a university in Australia, the UK, Ireland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, USA, New Zealand, South Africa or Canada, excluding online degrees, with the applicant having stayed in the respective country when studying for the degree.
*Proof of more than one year of secondary education conducted in English language in either Australia, the UK, Ireland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, USA, New Zealand, South Africa or Canada. Applicants may be required to interview in order to check English Proficiency demonstated above.
– Work experience is not an admission requirement. However, work experience can be a strong advantage for an application, especially if it has been acquired working within the Media Arts field.
– Acceptance of your degree must be legally verified for enrolment. Please check to see whether an Apostille or Legal Documentation will be required for your degree. This may be submitted after acceptance into the program. Legalization is not required for apply. Check the regulations for your country here.
(changes made 21.11.2018)